August 14, 2012, 12:23 pm - How to: Make a Professional Quality Undersea Mural for Your Child’s Bedroom On A Budget
Oh, you decided to paint your boy’s room blue (or, alternatively, your girl’s room pink)?
Let’s face it; your kid’s room is bland and your choice of decoration has been out of style since the world was populated with Beaver Cleavers and Eddie Haskells.
Man, it must have been AWESOME to be outside when they turned on the color.
I can already hear the excuses.
- “I can’t find anything the kiddo would actually want in their room.”
- “I just don’t have the time.”
- “It’s WAY too expensive.”
- “It’s not worth it if I’m going to have to go through the process of removing it in a few years.”
I’m happy to tell you, that these excuses are true no longer. With Bruce Barry’s Themes-To-Go, we’ve managed to create fast, easy bedroom themes that your child is guaranteed to love.
And if your wee one outgrows thier room, our Peel 'N’ Stick technology makes it easy to remove, change or update.
The Nitty Gritty:
Step 1. Buy it!
For less than a price of a child’s headboard, you can re-do your entire room with one of our Themes-To-Go packages!
You will receive:
- Two 4'x12' sheets of Peel ‘N’ Stick wall elements
- A background overlay to project on to your walls, making painting the background as easy as a coloring book!
- A scraper to smooth the bubbles out of the wall elements.
- A background mock-up with appropriate Valspar paint colors and their stock numbers.
- Instructions that render these irrelevant.
Step 2. Time to Paint!
Painting a Themes-To-Go background is so easy; you could let your kid do it.
- Project the overlay on to the wall you wish to paint.
- Fill in the areas with the designated paint
Step 3: Apply!
This is the fun part. How often, as an adult, do you get to play with stickers?
No one asked you, Yayoi Kazuma
- Clean the wall with a damp cloth and let it dry completely.
- Locate the bed
3. Apply the Peel 'N' Stick Headboard....
4. ..and the major features (seaweed and formations)
The ray doesn't look impressed, but trust us that Junior will be.
- Your ocean’s looking awful empty. How about some creatures?
Sea Critters in the house!
- Now, there’s only one problem with your ocean. It has no depth! BA-DUM CRASH. A few of the smaller animal stickers ought to fix that.
Creeper fish gonna creep
6. Finally, add in the bubble stickers for a bit of realism.
And, you’re finished. You’re little land-lubber is ready to move in to his new room at the bottom of the ocean!
It's that simple! Check out our store for this and more inexpensive ways to revitalize your room!